If you are able, breastfeeding is best. It provides all the nutritional health benefits as Mother Nature intended. In readying for and during breastfeeding, it's important that mums eat a healthy, balanced diet.
If you're considering bottle feeding, seek professional medical advice first. Introducing bottle feeding either partially or exclusively, may reduce the supply of your own breast milk, which makes reversing the decision not to breast feed difficult. Also consider the social and financial implications, such as convenience and cost over time.
When using infant formula, always follow the instructions for use carefully, unnecessary or improper use may make your baby ill.
Information about Karicare+ Toddler and other products is for educational and informational purposes only. If you would like to proceed, please click "I accept".
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion or voting in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any photographs uploaded that are not in accordance with these terms and conditions may be removed without notice.
2. The promotion is open to New Zealand residents aged 16 years or over. Employees of the Promoter and any agency involved with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences on 30th March 2016 and finishes on 26 April 2017 (‘Promotion Period’).
4. To enter the promotion, send a photograph of your child to email@example.com.
To be valid:
a) All photographs uploaded to the Website must be recent and of a child who was born in New Zealand and is between one and three years of age during the Promotion Period;
b) All photographs must be accompanied by a title and a description;
c) The entrant must provide their name, email address, physical address, the child’s date of birth and select the size of the onesie or t-shirt they would like to win; and
d) The photograph must be in JPG, PNG or GIF format.
5. The entrant must be a parent of the child used in their entry or have the consent of the parent to use the photograph to enter this promotion. Entrants must own the copyright in each photograph uploaded and be able to assign this copyright under clause six of these terms. Each photograph must be an original work.
6. All competition entries (including but not limited to the images that are uploaded as part of each entry) become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that no other person will do so and that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
7. Participants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Participants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may consider in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, or defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 18, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) they will obtain full prior consent from each person that appears in their Content (and if any person is under 18 years of age from a parent of the person);
(c) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has created, jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
(d) their Content must not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
8. Entrants may enter the promotion multiple times, provided that only one entry may be made in any 24 hour period.
9. Prizes for this promotion are:
a) 10x onesie or t-shirt. The onesie is for toddlers 1-2 years old. The t-shirt is for toddlers 2 years and over. They are 100% cotton and are white with “Made in New Zealand” printed on the front and the Karicare Toddler logo printed on the sleeve. The onesie and t-shirts are not themselves made in New Zealand. Entrants must select what size they would like to win at the time of entry.
10. The winners of a onesie or t-shirt will be determined by a random draw, which will take place on 18 July 2016. The winners will be the first 500 valid entries randomly drawn from all eligible entries submitted. In the event that an ineligible entry is drawn or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within two weeks of the Prize draw, having emailed the winner using the email address they provided at the time of entry, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and retain the unclaimed prize for use at its discretion.
11. The prizes are not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
12. In the event that the prize or any part of the prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, the Promoter may in its sole discretion decide to provide an alternative prize.
13. Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
16. If a winner cannot accept or take part in the prize for any reason, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
17. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. All decisions made by the Promoter its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. If the promotion is not able to operate as anticipated for any reason, the Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the competition (including any prize) at any time in its sole discretion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
(b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ;
(d) any variation in the prize;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
21. As a condition of participating in the promotion, participants indemnify the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the winner may incur arising out of their participation in the promotion and/or participating in the prize, howsoever caused.
22. The Promoter will collect, hold and share personal information provided by participants for the purposes of this promotion and for future promotional purposes. Failure to provide requested personal information may disqualify a person from being able to receive a prize. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 1993, participants have the right to access and request correction of any such personal information, and may do so by logging onto the Website.
23. Entrants acknowledge that any photographs submitted as part of this promotion will be publicly available on the Website, and may be shared on social media by any person. The Promoter is not responsible for the use or dissemination by third parties of any entries submitted as part of this promotion.
26. If any person wishes to request that a photograph is withdrawn from the competition and removed from the Website prior to the end of the Promotion Period, they can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
27. The Promoter is Nutricia Limited, 124 Favona Road, Favona, Auckland, 2024, New Zealand.